Charter Oak Scanning, may modify, suspend or terminate the website, agreement and our services, for any reason, and without notice. Therefore, we recommend that you review these terms from time to time to note any changes. We will make a reasonable effort to alert our current and past customers via email with any major changes.
If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions contained in this Agreement are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Agreement will be enforceable. The headings are for convenience only. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and Charter Oak Scanning, regarding its subject matter and supersedes all prior and existing agreements or understandings relating to such subject matter.
National & Local Laws
Charter Oak Scanning operates its website and services from its headquarters in Stonington, Connecticut, United States of America. We are able to transact with mainland United States and Canada but are unable to transact in other locations at this time. If you use this site outside the United States of America, you are responsible for following applicable local laws, rules, and regulations.
This Agreement will be governed by and followed in accordance with Connecticut laws. You agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of our services will be filed only in the federal courts located in the State of Connecticut. You agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, or related to, use of the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or forever be barred.
Our Business Model
Charter Oak Scanning is a service company offering its services to the United States and Canada through its e-commerce platform, partnering drop-off and pick up locations and out of their Stonington, CT headquarters.? Drop off and pick up points have been arranged with businesses that serve a common clientele, in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. Our customer information is only stored at these locations for identifiable purposes during the transactional period of the orders with our customers. Charter Oak Scanning reserves the right to use any of its offices for providing service to its customers. Charter Oak also reserves the right to change this service model at any time.
Shipping & Loss of Original Content
You, the user, understand and agree that the submission of any physical or digital photos, slides, or negatives to Charter Oak Scanning, and the download or upload of any material through the Charter Oak Scanning site is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any loss or damage to your photos, and any damage to your computer system or loss of data that may result in the download or upload of any material. We do not assume any responsibility for any loss, physical, or personal damage, or any other type of damage that may in any way result from the use of our services.
Charter Oak Scanning shall assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to the client’s materials while it is transported by the mail carrier or by one of our drivers.
Under all circumstances, Charter Oak Scanning (its owners and employees) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
Charter Oak Scanning has the right to delete your account and all your media from our system if you have been inactive for more than six (6) months. Reasonable efforts will be made to send you an email notifying you to the potential deletion of your account from the site and your media from our system.
Deposits, Payments & Refunds
When placing your order in our studio, you may be responsible for paying a deposit. Upon completion of your order, this deposit will be deducted from your total cost.
You agree to pay in full, the price for your order and any additional costs incurred in the production of your order such as:
1) the total number of items was greater than the estimate;
2) the type of media submitted for transfer differs from the type entered during the estimate or online order and/or;
3) the shipping charges are greater than the estimate.
Should the work performed and/or shipping be less than quoted, you will only be charged for the services and shipping costs incurred.
All refunds are subject to review and approval by management. Refunds due to customer error will be approved based on the situation. Refunds due to dissatisfaction, require Charter Oak Scanning the opportunity to review and redo work if deemed necessary, in replace of refund. At which point, if the customer is still not satisfied, a partial to full refund may be approved.
Payments for prepaid gift vouchers and any affiliates, such as Groupon, cannot be refunded. If a purchase was made in error, please contact us immediately and we will work towards a resolution.
Restrictions of Content & Customer Conduct
You acknowledge and confirm that all photo prints, slides, negatives, film, videotapes and digital images (collectively “content“) submitted by you is yours and your sole responsibility. If applicable, when submitting content to us, you must possess written permission from the copyright owner to make such content available for digitization.
You will not do any of the following while using our services:
- Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit (i) any Content that you do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit and display (including any Content that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the Content); (ii) any Content for which you do not have the consent or permission of each identifiable person in the Content to use the name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness of each such person (to the extent each is implicated by the Content); or (iii) any Content that infringes the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity);
- Delete, or in any manner alter, the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on any Content;
- Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit, any Content that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or hateful, or that contains objects or symbols of hate, invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity or pornography (including without limitation any child pornography or child erotica), is deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting to unlawful action, defamatory, libelous, vulgar or violent, or constitutes hate speech, or is otherwise objectionable in the opinion of Charter Oak Scanning;
- Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to (i) interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software; or (ii) interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the website;
- Post, upload, email or otherwise transmit any Content that includes code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the images, audio or video of any Content that is unrelated to the immediate, aesthetic nature of the Content;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or any other form of social engineering, or otherwise commit fraud;
- Resell the Services, in whole or in part, without an agreement by Charter Oak Scanning;
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance; or
- Use the Site or Services in any manner not permitted by this Agreement.