Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful role in a fun and team-oriented atmosphere? Our Production Associates use older equipment along with modern editing techniques to capture analog media and convert it to a digital format.
This is a role that you could work around family, college or other commitments. In return, we are looking for go-getters with extreme attention to detail and a contagious can-do attitude.
We help families and organizations secure the memories of the past by digitizing their old photos, documents and videos. Once digitized, we place their media on flash drives and online or within slideshows and photo books. Our work is incredibly rewarding.
- Manually handling photographic materials for archiving customers’ irreplaceable and delicate assets.
- Live capture of old video, audio and film formats (such as VHS, vinyl, and cassettes).
- Scanning of old photos, slides and microfilm.
- Refining captures with minimal editing.
- Organizing, labeling and handling of digital images in a filing system.
- Quality checking video, audio and film orders.
- Track your work electronically via Trello.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to sit at and use a computer for 2 to 3-hour blocks.
- Be able to bend, lift and move 20-30 lbs.
- Experience navigating Windows-based computers.
- Experience using photo or video editing software.
- Ideally, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere.
- Authorized to work in the US, without sponsorship.
- Tolerance for dust, mold and mildew when working with old and/or damaged film, photographs or related media (masks provided).
- Exhibit high attention to detail.
- Possess a professional demeanor.
- Are punctual and have access to reliable transportation.
- Perform tasks quickly with minimal errors.
- $18/hour and overtime available.
- Full-Time and Part-Time positions are available.
- Hours can range between Monday-Saturday 8:00am-6:00pm but will need to be agreed upon and consistent on a quarterly basis.
- Onsite position, working from home is not possible.
- We are located within the Velvet Mill in Stonington, CT.
- Free parking.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and in your cover letter or email please state:
- Which position you are interested in.
- Your reason for interest in the specific position.
- Your days/hours of availability.
- An example of how you’ve shown initiative in the past.
- An example demonstrating your attention to detail.
About Charter Oak Scanning
Charter Oak was started as a father-daughter business in 2013. The idea sprung to life after they witnessed the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in 2012 where memories of family and friends had washed away and important medical and financial documents were damaged. Since 2013, we continue to grow our team and footprint and now is a fantastic time to join the Charter Oak family.