Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful role in a fun and team-oriented atmosphere? If you have a background in customer service and data entry, this could be the perfect role for you. We are looking for a full or part-time admin associate to serve as the first point of contact and deliver an outstanding customer experience from start to finish.
This is a role that you could work around family, college, or other commitments. In return, we are looking for go-getters with extreme attention to detail and a contagious can-do attitude.
We help families and organizations secure their past captured moments by digitizing their old photos, documents, film, audio and videos. Once digitized, we place their media on flash drives and online or within slideshows and photo books. Our work is incredibly rewarding.
- Answer the phone in a friendly and professional manner while quickly assessing and appropriately directing customer inquiries.
- Welcome customers to the office.
- Manually handle materials customers’ irreplaceable and delicate assets.
- Communicate with customers via phone, e-mail and in-person.
- Process customer payments via Square, our payment gateway.
- Work with office manager to manage workflow and provide suggestions on process improvements.
- Track, maintain and report on call activity.
- Assist in the set up and preparation of orders as needed.
- Track work electronically on our workflow system, via Trello.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to sit at and use a computer for 2 to 3-hour blocks.
- Be able bend, lift and move 20-30 lbs.
- Experience navigating Windows-based computers.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and spoken English to a professional standard.
- Experience using photo or video editing software would be a plus. Ideally, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere.
- Authorized to work in the US, without sponsorship.
- Tolerance for dust, mold and mildew when working with old and/or damaged film, photographs or related media (masks provided).
- Exhibit high attention to detail.
- Possess a professional demeanor.
- Are punctual and have access to reliable transportation.
- Perform tasks quickly with minimal errors.
- $18/hour and overtime available.
- Full-Time and Part-Time positions available.
- Hours can range between Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm but will need to be agreed and consistent on a quarterly basis.
- Onsite position, working from home is not possible.
- We are located within the Velvet Mill in Stonington, CT.
- Free parking.
Email rwebb@charteroakscanning with your resume. In your cover letter or email please state:
- Which position you are interested in.
- Your reason for interest in the specific position.
- Your days/hours of availability.
- An example of how you’ve shown initiative in the past.
- An example demonstrating your attention-to-detail.
About Charter Oak Scanning:
Charter Oak was started as a father-daughter business in 2013. The idea sprung to life after they witnessed the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in 2012 where memories of family and friends were washed away and important medical and financial documents damaged. Since 2013, we continue to grow our team and footprint and now is a fantastic time to join the Charter Oak family.